possible hawaii weather issue next week

Scott Weeks surfer at mauigateway.com
Wed Aug 8 23:17:16 UTC 2018

--- surfer at mauigateway.com wrote:
From: "Scott Weeks" <surfer at mauigateway.com>

If you have stuff in Hawaii, you might want to
start thinking about your DR plan.

Whew, that was close!

http://weather.hawaii.edu/satellite/jsanim.cgi?res=4km&chnl=ir&domain=nep&period=720&incr=30&rr=900&banner=uhmet&satplat=goeswest&overlay=off

I don't know if anyone's interested in the discussion,
(and perhaps it should go into another thread, if so)
but I have been noticing a tendency among managers here
to ignore getting ready for stuff like this.  Is that
normal for what you see or do managers where you are
start dusting off and following your DR plan?  "We
don't have time to moved all that data off site to the
mainland and all the other stuff in the plan.  We need
you to focus on XXX first".

scott