Multicast traffic % in enterprise network ?

Scott Weeks surfer at mauigateway.com
Wed Aug 8 22:22:04 UTC 2018

--- jtk at depaul.edu wrote:
From: John Kristoff <jtk at depaul.edu>

:: In my experience, real world IP multicast experience
:: and expertise is almost non-existent.

:: but it tends to just work once setup and rarely
:: changes.

:: the setup was done a long time ago and people rarely
:: touch it now.

:: If I want to simplify and secure things a little
:: more, I'd probably look at better limiting IGMP and
:: PIM joins.  Limiting as much of the possibility for
:: anyone or anything to instantiate state in the
:: network

Major snippage, but these're my experiences, too.
However, not in the .edu world.

scott