Best practices on logical separation of abuse@ vs dmca@ role inboxes

John Levine johnl at iecc.com
Sun Aug 5 20:53:35 UTC 2018

In article <em0d4f8349-621d-4edf-90ea-c8ab95df44d1 at desktop-k5pu39b> you write:
>The main issue with the notion of keeping abuse@ separate from a
>dedicated DMCA takedown mailbox is companies like IP Echelon will just
>blindly E-mail whatever abuse POC is associated with either the AS
>record or whichever POCs are specifically associated with the NET block.
>
>So it becomes kind of difficult to keep them routing to different
>places.
>
>The guys doing the DMCA takedowns use automated tooling.   So asking
>them nicely isn't going to help you.

Seems to me that if you've registered your DMCA address in the Library
of Congress database, and they send takedowns somewhere else, that's
their problem, not not yours.

If you haven't registered, you should.  You can do the whole thing
online in a couple of minutes. The fee is $6 per update no matter how
many business names and domain names you register.

See https://www.copyright.gov/dmca-directory/

R's,
John