possible hawaii weather issue next week

Scott Weeks surfer at mauigateway.com
Thu Aug 2 22:56:39 UTC 2018

________________________________

If you have stuff in Hawaii, you might want to
start thinking about your DR plan. Things can
change a lot for the better in 7 days, but they
can also get ugly fast. Best to prepare just
in case...

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_ep5+shtml/204426.shtml?cone
https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_ep5+shtml/204426.shtml?tswind120

M is >110MPH

From: Robert DeVita <radevita at mejeticks.com>

Especially with the main carrier Hotel being
located next to the ocean.

I'm guessing you mean DR Fortress.  Most everything
is next to the ocean here. :)  However, DRF is
likely pretty well protected from storm surge from
a hurricane.  It's also pretty well protected from
flying debris, which is the main worry, especially
when the winds are in excess of 100MPH.  However,
other facilities will have trouble (electric, fuel,
etc), thus my suggestion to dust off DR plans and
test if you haven't.

We're the closest to the Asia Pacific countries you
can get and still be in a US state and, as well, a
good timezone between west coast going home and
Asia coming in, so there  may be a lot of folks here
for some of the big networks, which is why I sent
out the note.

scott