Remote power cycle recommendations

Andy Ringsmuth andy at newslink.com
Fri Apr 27 15:46:44 UTC 2018

I’m sure many here are familiar with or using/have used devices to remotely power cycle equipment. I’m considering a Dataprobe iBoot-G2 and am curious if you’ve had experience with it, or other recommendations.

I only need one outlet to be remotely power cycle-able. I have one piece of equipment that is occasionally a little flaky and, well, you know the hassle.

What do people recommend? There seem to be plenty out there which are more designed to auto-reboot when Internet connectivity is lost, aka remotely reboot the ‘ol cable modem for instance, but that’s not my scenario.

Thanks in advance.

----
Andy Ringsmuth
andy at newslink.com
News Link – Manager Technology, Travel & Facilities
2201 Winthrop Rd., Lincoln, NE 68502-4158
(402) 475-6397    (402) 304-0083 cellular