Is WHOIS going to go away?

Rob McEwen rob at invaluement.com
Wed Apr 25 18:02:11 UTC 2018

On 4/25/2018 10:50 AM, Anne P. Mitchell Esq. wrote:
> And of course then there's the conventional wisdom that (some) anti-spammers see secret registration as a sign that you are likely a spammer, or otherwise engaged in bad activities

For example:

http://www.spamresource.com/2010/02/whois-privacy-protect-what-spamfighters.html

(and I concur... although I do understand the frustration about the
phone spam, too - I recently registered a dozen domains and I was
getting 10+ calls a day for weeks - which I why I recommend starting
with a hidden registration - then switching to an unhidden registration
some weeks later. This isn't a perfect solution, but it helps since the
hit freshly registered domains the hardest.)

--
Rob McEwen
https://www.invaluement.com