Is WHOIS going to go away?

Aaron C. de Bruyn aaron at heyaaron.com
Wed Apr 25 15:39:56 UTC 2018

You must be doing something wrong. ;)

After registering a new domain name, I get ~10 poorly worded emails trying
to convince me a I need professional web development services.  I also get
~15 phone calls over a few weeks from very thick accents and call-center
noise in the background telling me that I need professional web development
services or search engine optimization.  There's usually 1 or 2 calls with
the same characteristics telling me that they work for Google and have
noticed a problem with my 'listing' for my new site and I need to have them
correct it for a small fee because that's how Google makes money.

The phone calls don't happen if I use private registration. ;)

-A