The story about MyEtherWallet.com hijack or how to become a millionare in 2 hours.

Fredrik Korsbäck hugge at nordu.net
Tue Apr 24 20:22:19 UTC 2018

Well there is quite abit of data around that particular server.

So it definitely happened.

https://twitter.com/GossiTheDog/status/988873775285460992

This tweet is a good start.

The server answer to me right now and google safe browsing has flagged it as well for being insecure (no the regular
cert-fail warning but deceptivness warning)

The SSL-cert is a self-signed one impersonating MyEtherWallet.com.

Id take it that 15169 accepted the prefix for some reason over a bilateral peering-sesssion (to the best of my knowledge
the equinix routeservers does indeed do filter, but please correct me on this one) with 10297 and hence poisoned the
8.8.8.8 resolver for some time with the wrong ip-addr.

--
hugge