The story about MyEtherWallet.com hijack or how to become a millionare in 2 hours.

Fredrik Korsbäck hugge at nordu.net
Tue Apr 24 20:03:46 UTC 2018

"that depends".

we for sure know that 150K or so got immediately snatched of the bat, but how much more wallets is at stake? no one knows.

What is known however is that they are trying to deploy smokescreens with tons of transfers moving ETH around wallets
and all seems to be ending up sooner or later in this account.

https://etherscan.io/address/0xb3aaaae47070264f3595c5032ee94b620a583a39

Which is good for 17MUSD.

That doesn't really matter though - i wanna speak what we do about this in the DFZ.

Can someone from HE comment on how your ingress route-filtering policy looks like towards your customers? I typically
base my peering-relationships on people/operators that i have some kind of level of trust in.

--
hugge