Suggestion for Layer 3, all SFP+ switches

Colton Conor colton.conor at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 18:46:46 UTC 2018

Yes, there are issues/concerns with using Huawei in the USA, but in the
rest of the world they are the number 2 vendor. Also, $3500 for that box
with lifetime support and warranty (their TAC is in Plano, Texas) vs
$10,000 for an ACX5048 onetime plus at least $1500 a year for JTAC seems
like a big difference! ACX has 48 ports vs 24 in the Huawei, but you have
to licenses each one of the ports on the ACX making the total cost even
higher. Sounds like your ACX cost more than you E7 that its feeding!