Suggestion for Layer 3, all SFP+ switches

Colton Conor colton.conor at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 18:28:06 UTC 2018

Łukasz,

Out of all those Cisco models, which meets the OP requirements of  " (at
least 24) SFP+ ports 10G and at least a couple of upstream ports 40G
capable" and  a " The budget is around 3000-5000 $ each, possibly. "?

The Nexus 7000's look very large with the smallest being 3U in size, so I
doubt they would meet the budget requirement. The Nexus 9000 series seems
to have 1U versions. Assuming he is fine with using Segmented Routing
instead of LDP, any models that fit the bill price wise? Are there any
Nexus products that are lower cost that the Catalyst   (C3650/3850) and
newer (C9xxx)?

The Catalyst UADP based platforms seem nice, but most are requiring DNA
licensing driving up initial cost.