Juniper Config Commit causes Cisco Etherchannels to go into err-disable state

Joseph Jenkins joe at breathe-underwater.com
Thu Apr 5 21:38:15 UTC 2018

This are also no new vlans being used at all. They are all already existing
on the switches involved and nothing is being added. In fact what makes
this even weirder is that I already have that exact same port configuration
running on port 1/0/67 of the Juniper and it doesn't cause me any issues
nor did it cause any issues when the config was applied. This existing port
1/0/67 has gone down/up as the firewall has been rebooted and doesn't cause
any issues or hiccups on the network. For reference the attached firewall
is an ASA which doesn't do spanning tree anyways.

set interfaces ge-1/0/67 description "Firewall Port-2"
set interfaces ge-1/0/67 unit 0 family ethernet-switching interface-mode
trunk
set interfaces ge-1/0/67 unit 0 family ethernet-switching vlan members 9-10
set interfaces ge-1/0/67 unit 0 family ethernet-switching vlan members 29
set interfaces ge-1/0/67 unit 0 family ethernet-switching vlan members 31-32
set interfaces ge-1/0/67 unit 0 family ethernet-switching vlan members 43
set interfaces ge-1/0/67 unit 0 family ethernet-switching vlan members 50-51
set interfaces ge-1/0/67 unit 0 family ethernet-switching vlan members 56
set interfaces ge-1/0/67 unit 0 family ethernet-switching vlan members 58
set interfaces ge-1/0/67 unit 0 family ethernet-switching vlan members 66
set interfaces ge-1/0/67 unit 0 family ethernet-switching vlan members 68
set interfaces ge-1/0/67 unit 0 family ethernet-switching vlan members 90
set interfaces ge-1/0/67 unit 0 family ethernet-switching vlan members 143
set interfaces ge-1/0/67 unit 0 family ethernet-switching vlan members 170