Juniper Config Commit causes Cisco Etherchannels to go into err-disable state

Naslund, Steve SNaslund at medline.com
Thu Apr 5 21:26:14 UTC 2018

It really does not resolve anything it just allows a bad configuration to work.  The guard is there so that if one side is configured as a channel and the other side is not, the channel gets shut down.  Allowing it to remain up can cause a BPDU loop.  Your spanning tree is trying to tell you something, you should listen or you could get really hard to isolate issues.

Steven Naslund
Chicago IL