Juniper Config Commit causes Cisco Etherchannels to go into err-disable state

Hunter Fuller hf0002+nanog at uah.edu
Thu Apr 5 21:11:14 UTC 2018

On Thu, Apr 5, 2018 at 3:58 PM Joseph Jenkins <joe at breathe-underwater.com>
wrote:

> Mar 14 07:11:33: %PM-4-ERR_DISABLE: channel-misconfig (STP) error detected
> on Po17, putting Po17 in err-disable state

We have to do this on all of our Cisco Port-channels that lead to Brocade
ICX switches:
no spanning-tree etherchannel guard misconfig

If we don't do it, after a couple of days, the Cisco will err-disable the
Port-channel just as you describe. I guess the misconfig detection is
incompatible with the Brocade OS.
We have seen no ill effects from this, as we are using "mode active" on all
our Port-channels. So if there is a misconfiguration, the LAG does not come
up for that port on either end, and we're good.

Hope that helps.

Hunter Fuller
Network Engineer
VBH Annex B-5