Are any of you starting to get AI robocalls?

Dovid Bender dovid at telecurve.com
Wed Apr 4 23:53:59 UTC 2018

As carriers who get these calls for our clients we hate them. Short
duration calls have the same cost as far as channels, keeping cdr's etc yet
since they are so short there isn't much to be made. This is worse then
BCP38 since with the internet there is no reason for anyone at home or a
small office to be sending out a packet that is not with their IP. When it
comes to telephony say I have a PBX, I get a call and then want to send it
out to my on call tech. I want him to see the real callers number. I need
to now "spoof" that number so my tech see's the real caller. There is a lot
more room for abuse. Now the carriers terminating the calls (the ones
getting them from the spammers) they love them. Since it's dialer/short
termination they can charge and arm and a leg.