NG Firewalls & IPv6

Jima nanog at jima.us
Wed Apr 4 05:44:54 UTC 2018

Hey Joe,

I don't know how next-gen they'd be considered, but I've had reasonably good luck with Cisco ASA (v9+), and to a lesser degree Juniper ScreenOS (v6.3+). Modern-ish ASA does v6-only pretty well; ScreenOS has more v4-dependent nuances, that I've found.

I do like the NAT64 support in ASA (although it sadly doesn't support the Well-Known Prefix) -- no love in ScreenOS, as far as I've ever found.

- Jima