Are any of you starting to get AI robocalls?

joel jaeggli joelja at bogus.com
Tue Apr 3 22:58:39 UTC 2018

On 4/3/18 3:32 PM, William Herrin wrote:
> Howdy.
>
> Have any of you started to get AI robocalls? I've had a couple of
> calls recently where I get the connect silence of a predictive dialer
> followed by a woman speaking with call center background noise. She
> gives her name and asks how I'm doing. The first time it happened it
> seemed off for reasons I can't quite articulate, so I asked: "Are you
> a robot or a person?" She responded "yes" and then launched in to a
> sales pitch. The next time I asked, "where can I direct your call?"
> She responded "that's good" and launched in to her pitch.
They're more in the domain of artificially stupid but yes.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/1/1/16837814/robocall-spam-phone-call-increase-2017-ftc-report

The anti spoofing/spam app I have that screens calls to several DIDs I
have pointed at one phone reports a dozen or so calls per day.

I would generally assume that the current rate will hasten the demise of
the remaining pots services.