Yet another Quadruple DNS?

Paul Ebersman list-nanog2 at dragon.net
Tue Apr 3 15:30:02 UTC 2018

ebersman> In the pipe dream category, it would be great to think that as
ebersman> IoT becomes unavoidable, we'll get more boxes that do
ebersman> auto-update.

rsk> Watch what you wish for: you might get it.  The number of
rsk> attack/abuse vectors (and the severity of their consequences for
rsk> security and privacy) involved in doing auto-update may rival those
rsk> involved in not doing auto-update.

I used to hate auto-update but after doing some large scale consumer
work, less than I used to. It's all "pick your poison". As Stephane
points out too, all sorts of issues patching vs not patching.

I'm thinking the "let's go to the movies" idea is looking better all the
time...