From Nov 2017...

Bill Woodcock woody at pch.net
Tue Apr 3 06:37:10 UTC 2018

> On Apr 2, 2018, at 11:28 PM, Robert Mathews (OSIA) <mathews at hawaii.edu> wrote:
>
> On 4/3/2018 1:04 AM, Bill Woodcock wrote:
>>> On Apr 2, 2018, at 7:24 PM, Robert Mathews (OSIA)
>>> <mathews at hawaii.edu> wrote: *Group Co-founded by City of London
>>> Police promises 'no snooping on your requests’*
>> Note that this is _extremely_ misleading, since the group being
>> referred to here is _not_ Quad9, but instead GCA, one of the many
>> donors that are supporting the Quad9 project. Quad9 doesn’t have any
>> association with the City of London Police, other than that they’re
>> among the many tens of millions of users in the general public.
>

> Bill:   As you will have noted, the post was a reflection of that which
> The Register had published, and at the URL that was provided.

What’s your point, though?  Are you talking about Quad9, or about GCA?

If you’re talking about Quad9, you’re misleading people by implying that the quote you pulled from the Register piece pertains to Quad9, when it does not.

If you’re talking about GCA, you’re misleading people by implying that what you’re saying about GCA somehow applies to Quad9.

If you’re talking about Quad9, John Todd or I can address any questions.  If you’re talking about GCA, that’s between you and them.

                                -Bill