AS PATH limits

Ken Chase math at sizone.org
Sat Sep 30 16:47:26 UTC 2017

I dont see that as the solution. Someone else will offend again.

However, I also don't see trusting major backbones as our filters (for many
other reasons). Our software should be handling what's effectively a buffer overflow
or equivalent (beware long paths that are actually shellcode).

Quagga among others seems to be subject to this bug, pre 0.99.23 or so
(.99.24+ seems ok). So upgrading is a solution.

There was also some chatter on the quagga mailing list on how it's more
pleasant to stab your eyeballs out rather than constructing extremely long
regexp's that might work as a filter.

https://lists.quagga.net/pipermail/quagga-users/2017-September/thread.html

/kc

--