Hurricane Maria: Summary of communication status - and lack of

Rod Beck rod.beck at unitedcablecompany.com
Sat Sep 30 14:14:18 UTC 2017

The whole thing is a disgrace.

________________________________
From: NANOG <nanog-bounces at nanog.org> on behalf of Phil Rosenthal <pr at isprime.com>
Sent: Saturday, September 30, 2017 3:47 PM
To: Jean-Francois Mezei
Cc: nanog at nanog.org
Subject: Re: Hurricane Maria: Summary of communication status - and lack of

Has anyone heard anything about Liberty Cablevision / AS14638?

Our Netflow stats show a traffic drop to zero at the moment of landfall of Maria, late on 9/19, and a continued flat line at zero until now. Almost 11 days without a single packet exchanged. This is (as far as I am aware), the #2 largest ISP in Puerto Rico.

By comparison, Claro’s traffic certainly has dropped by a large degree, but it always stayed at least slightly above zero, and is roughly at 10% of normal traffic levels today.

-Phil