Best way to San Jose Fairmont from SFO?

Larry LaBas llabas at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 15:05:16 UTC 2017

If one uses Caltrain and has luggage there is a luggage car with racks.

Also no wifi on Caltrain but wifi is available on Bart and the VTA (light rail and express buses).  The car with the assistance ramp has a washroom, the rest do not.

As a long time commuter (Gilroy to SF) I do recommend Bart to Caltrain to Light Rail as it will be cheaper than Uber.  When I last returned from London we took that route.  It's also very reliable and usually on schedule.

Yes, I'm a bit jaded on driving in traffic in the area as I've also been doing that for many years.

I've found Citymapper the best app for directions and public transport.  Not only was it great here but was fantastic for using the tube in London and walking  around.  You can call uber or get driving directions from it also.

TTFN,
Larry