Best way to San Jose Fairmont from SFO?

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Fri Sep 29 13:56:43 UTC 2017

> On Sep 29, 2017, at 1:07 AM, Julien Goodwin <nanog at studio442.com.au> wrote:
>
> On 29/09/17 06:47, Bob Evans wrote:
>> Train and Bus travel is not worth considering. However, there are airport
>> shuttle van services like supershuttle 4-5 passengers being dropped off on
>> your way south.
>
> I'm arriving on Sunday morning, so have plenty of time, and will take
> Caltrain down (BART to Millbrae, then Caltrain), sure it'll take 2h, but
> any van service wouldn't be much faster.
>
> During the week, or out of daylight hours it's a much less sensible idea.

I disagree… I’ve done it during the week and it’s not that bad.

I find Lyft to be the most desirable option (About $65), with Uber as
a second choice.

Third choice would be BaRT/CalTrain (to Diridon) followed by either a very
short Lyft ride or VTA bus or light rail.

Another option (if you get on the right CalTrain) is Tamien station and
connection to light rail there.

Light rail gets you _VERY_ close to the Fairmont. The Fairmont has entrances
on Market St. (Front Door direct to Lobby) and First St. (Back door, hallway
to lobby). The VTA light rail northbound is on First St.

I’m not 100% sure of the light rail routing from the Diridon station to downtown
as it’s tied to the Almaden line and I’m usually dealing with the Santa Teresa
line.

I, myself intend to bicycle to the meeting as my home is only about 7 miles away.

Owen