DHCPv6-PD -> Lack of route injection in RFC

valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu
Sat Sep 23 05:51:25 UTC 2017

On Sat, 23 Sep 2017 08:47:32 +1000, Mark Andrews said:
> You know CPE devices are routers.  They can tell you what routes
> DHCP has given them.  That annoucement could be cryptographically
> authenticated.

This is, of course, a lot easier if the CPE already has onboard the needed
software to do that, or you have the ability to push it out.

Is anybody from Comcast or other eyeball network willing to say (even roughly)
what percent of CPE is gear they supply, versus gear that people get at Best
Buy or Walmart and just plug in, versus (if they can identify it) gear that's
been reflashed by clued customers?

(Personally, I have a Linksys that's been reflashed with Lede, and is
configured to work with what Comcast does at their end, and I'm more than happy
to reconfig/reflash with other options if Comcast changes their end.  Damned if
I know how I'd find out, though, other than debugging my connection going
wonky.)