USA local SIM card

Raymond Burkholder ray at oneunified.net
Mon Sep 18 23:38:43 UTC 2017

On 09/17/17 14:07, Max Tulyev wrote:
> I'm going to visit USA for two weeks. I want to buy a local prepaid SIM
> card mostly for IP access.

I use these guys when I fly through the US.  Can't say who the
carrier(s) they might use.  Can't say if there was a non-natted address.
  But I think IPv6 was supplied.

https://roammobility.com/   You can mail order the SIM and top it up on
demand.

> Is it possible in USA to buy a prepaid SIM as a visitor, without long
> term contract?

Can activate from a day to a month.

> I need a public (can be dynamic) IP address, NOT over NAT, and (or)
> IPv6, if possible.
>
> My phone is GSM UMTS 3G.
>
> Expected traffic volume is about 10G.

the 1 month plan about covers that.

> Will use it in New York City and Orlando City, not in rural areas.

I had no problems at the Newark airport as I passed through.

> Good data roaming tariff in Cannada will be a big advantage.

The same guys do something in Canada.  I used them for 14 days earlier
this year and roamed from the prairies of Alberta through into the
Rockies without nary a hiccup.  Whether there be a static ip address
assigned... don't know.  Can't recall if they used Bell or Telus or Rogers.

https://roammobility.ca/  This one is different, this is a one-time use SIM.

--
Raymond Burkholder
https://blog.raymond.burkholder.net/