USA local SIM card

Ca By cb.list6 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 17 17:51:07 UTC 2017

On Sun, Sep 17, 2017 at 10:09 AM Max Tulyev <maxtul at netassist.ua> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> sorry for possible off-topic, I really did not know where to ask this.
>
> I'm going to visit USA for two weeks. I want to buy a local prepaid SIM
> card mostly for IP access.
>
> Is it possible in USA to buy a prepaid SIM as a visitor, without long
> term contract?
>
> I need a public (can be dynamic) IP address, NOT over NAT, and (or)
> IPv6, if possible.
>
> My phone is GSM UMTS 3G.
>
> Expected traffic volume is about 10G.
>
> Will use it in New York City and Orlando City, not in rural areas.
>
> Good data roaming tariff in Cannada will be a big advantage.
>
> What can you advice?

https://prepaid-phones.t-mobile.com/prepaid-international-tourist-plan

Includes public ipv6

But here in the USA we UMTS is much poorer experience relative to LTE, you
can get a decent LTE unlocked phone for around $100

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/motorola-moto-e4-4g-lte-with-16gb-memory-cell-phone-unlocked-licorice-black/5889300.p?skuId=5889300

Prepaid plans generally wont include roaming to canada