USA local SIM card

Brielle Bruns bruns at 2mbit.com
Sun Sep 17 17:15:32 UTC 2017

On 9/17/2017 11:07 AM, Max Tulyev wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> sorry for possible off-topic, I really did not know where to ask this.
>
> I'm going to visit USA for two weeks. I want to buy a local prepaid SIM
> card mostly for IP access.
>
> Is it possible in USA to buy a prepaid SIM as a visitor, without long
> term contract?
>
> I need a public (can be dynamic) IP address, NOT over NAT, and (or)
> IPv6, if possible.
>
> My phone is GSM UMTS 3G.
>
> Expected traffic volume is about 10G.
>
> Will use it in New York City and Orlando City, not in rural areas.
>
> Good data roaming tariff in Cannada will be a big advantage.
>
> What can you advice?
>
> Thank you!

Walmart has the prepaid no contract Straight Talk plans that can be on
VZW, T-Mobile, or AT&T.  Grab a BYOD kit either from a Walmart store or
order online.

I keep a mobile hotspot deactivated and ready to add a service plan to
for my customers if they have an outage.

--
Brielle Bruns
http://www.sosdg.org    /     http://www.ahbl.org