IPv6 migration steps for mid-scale isp

Fredrik Sallinen fredrik.sallinen at gmail.com
Sat Sep 16 08:09:32 UTC 2017

Thank you all for your Ideas. AFAIK one of the main decisions for IPv6
transition and deployment is the choice of IPv6 IGP. I read somewhere
that its a good practice to use different IGP protocol for IPv6 and
IPv4. For example if IGP for IPv4 is IS-IS then use OSPFv3 for IPv6.
any comments on this?
Additionally I will appreciate it if you share your suggestions on
products and their performance? For example If I go for NAT64+DNS64 to
handle IPv4 traffic, What sort of carrier grade products are you
recommending and can you share your experience on their
performance/pitfalls? currently we have ~150Gbps of IPv4 traffic, so
we need a solution to
support such scale and future growth.

Regards,