Hurricane Irma: Florida, Puerto Rico and U.S. VI

Sean Donelan sean at donelan.com
Fri Sep 15 21:29:39 UTC 2017

On Fri, 15 Sep 2017, Sean Donelan wrote:
> The situation is still dire in some locations, but generally the disaster
> operations have moved to recovery and restoration.  Unless something
> significant happens, this is the last summary report about Hurricane Irma
> from me.

I said it would be the last summary report, but an important correction.

FCC found a problem with the data statistics:

[NOTE:  The number of cable systems and wireline subscribers out of
service is reduced significantly from yesterday because, in addition to
removing from the total states/territories deactivated in DIRS, the FCC
found that one or more providers had previously filed multiple entries,
resulting in double/triple counting number of subscribers and inaccurate
percentages per day.  Those duplicative entries have now been removed.]

There are at least 1,691,484 subscribers out of service in the affected
areas in Florida, down from 8,258,789.