100G QSFP28 DAC cables - experience

Naslund, Steve SNaslund at medline.com
Thu Sep 14 20:37:12 UTC 2017

+1 on skipping the copper and going all optical.  In my experience, the fiber is much less likely to have strange faults.  We also experienced copper links that did not perform well but were showing up.  It seems the optical modules are much more mature in terms of going offline properly if the signals are not within the parameters.

Steven Naslund
Chicago IL