2017 NANOG Elections General Information

Robert Brockway robert at timetraveller.org
Thu Sep 7 04:18:50 UTC 2017

On Tue, 5 Sep 2017, Dave Temkin wrote:

> Hi NANOG Community,
>
> Nominations are rapidly coming to a close - September 8th is the last day
> to submit nominees.
>
> Unfortunately, to follow up on my paragraph about diversity: So far, every
> single candidate that has completed the nomination process is a white male.

What you're describing is a very coarse form of diversity based on
physical characteristics.  A white man who has lived his entire life as a
peasant in Ukraine may well have a very different outlook and life
experience to a white man who grew up in Australia.  These two white men
could bring quite diverse viewpoints to any situation even though they
share some superficial characteristics.

I have always supported the most suitable candidates for any role,
irrespective of their physical characteristics.  I will always continue to
do so.

Rob