2017 NANOG Elections General Information

Bill Woodcock woody at pch.net
Mon Sep 11 07:32:40 UTC 2017

> On Sep 7, 2017, at 11:26 PM, Randy Bush <randy at psg.com> wrote:
> my impression is that, in recent years, one has to be a white frat boy
> who is proud of being drunk.

One of those rare occasions when Randy and I are in complete agreement.

> On Sep 10, 2017, at 1:59 PM, Bryan Holloway <bryan at shout.net> wrote:
> I point specifically to the opening talk at Bellevue where there were wackily photoshop'd pictures of NANOG star heavy-hitters.
> Had I been a first-time attendee, I would've felt like a high-school freshman being told who all the "cool seniors" were.
> Frankly, it was awkward and off-putting.

Probably a safe bet that it was mostly aspirant juniors.  To my occasional observation, the cool seniors don't attend anymore.  Unless Stephen Stuart or Sean Doran or John Hawkinson showed up.  Which would surprise me very much.

                                -Bill