2017 NANOG Elections General Information

courtneysmith at comcast.net courtneysmith at comcast.net
Thu Sep 7 03:03:24 UTC 2017

Have we considered "grooming" folks via the committees? Seems like a better place to allow folks to dip their toes in. But maybe I'm too timid.

-------
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2017 10:59:32 -0700
From: Dave Temkin <dave at temk.in>
To: members at nanog.org, "North American Network Operators' Group"
<nanog at nanog.org>
Subject: Re: 2017 NANOG Elections General Information

Hi NANOG Community,

Nominations are rapidly coming to a close - September 8th is the last day
to submit nominees.

Unfortunately, to follow up on my paragraph about diversity: So far, every
single candidate that has completed the nomination process is a white male.

Having sat in on sessions such as Women in Technology lunch, I know that
this community is passionate about diversity. If you, or a friend, would
like to discuss what it takes to be on the NANOG board, I or my colleagues
would love to speak about it.

If you're ready to enter the nomination process, you can see details below.

Best Regards,
-Dave Temkin, for the NANOG Board of Directors