Moving fibre trunks: interruptions?

Jean-Francois Mezei jfmezei_nanog at vaxination.ca
Fri Sep 1 22:02:34 UTC 2017

On 2017-09-01 16:12, Alain Hebert wrote:
>      Being somehow familiar with how things operate when it involve
> Quebec Govt and the Fed Govt...  Expect hell.  Pray for purgatory.
> Rejoice if it takes less than 3 months.

In this particular case, the government is giving CN new land, and once
construction crews for the highway/interchange have moved on, segments
are opened for CN to bring its crews to install tracks, portals,
signals, track service road etc.

The main contract gives CN responsability to handle the telecom under
its tracks, so I assume that once CN is given access to the full length
of new right of way, it will coordinate with the various telecom
companies that rent space under its tracks to do the move.

The move is expected in summer 2018. (during next winter, the last
remaining elevated structures that block the new CN right of way will be
torn down, allowing CN to then finish the work starting in spring. (it
does not lay tracks in winter).