Chinese websites loading slower recently?

Tianhao Xiao hxiao at dargasea.com
Fri Oct 20 21:27:38 UTC 2017

Hi Simon,

The National Congress[0] just happened, and the Chinese government does
make a very big deal out of it. I know that many universities were asked
to temporarily block inbound HTTP traffic, which even affected open
source mirrors during that time.

With all this going on it is only natural that something restrictive
happened to the rest of the international network. I'm not exactly sure
what has been done, but it is very likely that it is not your problem.

[0]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/19th_National_Congress_of_the_Communist_Party_of_China

--
  Tianhao Xiao
  hxiao at dargasea.com