Puerto Rico: Lack of electricity threatens telephone and internet services

Wayne Bouchard web at typo.org
Thu Oct 19 22:18:06 UTC 2017

Well, the problem as I understand it is that the infrastructure was
not all that great to begin with. Much of it was damaged in the first
storm and when this second one came through, what remained basically
disappeared. That's why they say that the only thing you can do is
start from the middle and slowly extend the tentacles outward. You're
almost building the territory from scratch. Assuming that the reports
of theft, misapproproation, and other nefarious occurences are
correct, that certainly does not help matters.

Still, this situation ought to make everyone sit up and think about
their own DR capability.

---
Wayne Bouchard
web at typo.org