F Y I

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 16:07:00 UTC 2017

On Thu, Oct 19, 2017 at 11:57 AM, João Butzke <lista-gter at tbonet.net.br>
wrote:

> it worked here in Brazil against whatsapp.

there are lots of cases of this sort of tomfoolery "working"... in part or
in whole.
Lee's point is it's dumb to offload this problem on every ISP in the
jurisdiction, AND it's also not going to really fix the problem if the
application is accessible via 'vpn' services (tor, real-vpns, etc).

it's just sort of dumb all the way around :(