F Y I

Lee Howard lee at asgard.org
Thu Oct 19 15:49:49 UTC 2017

On 10/17/17, 5:33 PM, "NANOG on behalf of Christopher Morrow"
<nanog-bounces at nanog.org on behalf of morrowc.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

>you know, the Sci-Hub folk could fix this themselves... with some
>authentication requirements... and probably by just unplugging from the
>intertubes?

"Sci-Hub’s founder, has previously told The Scientist the site plans to
ignore the lawsuit.” How would Sci-Hub consider this a “fix”?

What enforcement mechanism would the Court have against Sci-Hub?

The idea of making third parties (ISPs) incur costs (updating ACLs or
poisoning DNS) to enforce the order is pretty bad, and doesn’t stop Tor
access. Sorry I didn’t have a chance to file an amicus before the ruling
tomorrow.

Lee