replacing compromised biometric authenticators

Alain Hebert ahebert at pubnix.net
Fri Oct 13 11:03:30 UTC 2017

     Odd,

     1. captcha(?)

     In my millennia of experience I never saw a captcha used as a mean
for DC access control.  Just as a programmatic way to reduce brute force
for some website functions.

     On my network janitor keychain I have (in order of hackability from
easiest to hardest)

         1. keycard only

         2. keycard + fingerprints

         3. keycard + face (2d)

         4a. keycard + eye

         4b. keycard + top of hand mapping

     But all the DCs, I deal with, have highrez cameras and tailgating
controls...  Biometrics are just a part of a wider system.

-----
Alain Hebert                                ahebert at pubnix.net
PubNIX Inc.
50 boul. St-Charles
P.O. Box 26770     Beaconsfield, Quebec     H9W 6G7
Tel: 514-990-5911  http://www.pubnix.net    Fax: 514-990-9443