4 or smaller digit ASNs

Fredrik Korsbäck hugge at nordu.net
Thu Oct 12 07:28:15 UTC 2017

On 2017-10-12 07:01, James Breeden wrote:
> Hello NANOG...
>
> I have a client interested in picking up a new AS number but they really want it to be 3 or 4 digits in length.
>
> Is there a process to request this from ARIN, or doss anyone know of unused ASns fitting this that anyone is looking to sell for some quick cash?
>
> Thanks!
> James
>

> Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S7 active, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

AS251 comes to mind as one of few 3-digit ones that has existed, but doesent anymore (atleast not in DFZ).

But do you really want a used and abused old asn? The old logic with the lower ASN you have the bigger E-penis you got doesent really apply anymore since the biggest players on the Internet doesent have 3 or 4 digit ASNs anymore.

--
hugge