replacing compromised biometric authenticators

Wayne Bouchard web at typo.org
Thu Oct 12 02:25:19 UTC 2017

I agree that multiple levels are best and, for the moment, I'd frankly
be hesitant to give anything like finger print data since one can
never change that and the harm of it getting loose can not yet be
determined. (Not that the data being taken by these scanners is
necessarily all that grandiose.)

I also would accept a facility that did something like handscan and
pin to access the lobby/security desk and keycard or fob to move
around once inside along with scan in/scan out enforcement. (No tail
gating.)

I've never really been keen on relying on biometrics though. The
handscanners can be convenient for not having to carry anything around
but when all is said and done, they are really not all that much
better than just a keycard.

-Wayne

---
Wayne Bouchard