Calgary <-> Toronto 100% Canadian Fibre Resiliency on failover

Jean-Francois Mezei jfmezei_nanog at vaxination.ca
Wed Oct 11 19:04:52 UTC 2017

On 2017-10-11 11:40, Jacques Latour wrote:
> Does anyone know if there's fibre resiliency between Calgary and Toronto over the Great lakes, I thinking redundancy could be achieved by using two paths one following the railroad and the other following the Trans-Canadian highway.  Does anyone know if there is fibre following the Trans-Canadian highway and who owns it?

More than likely one around lake Superior on CP Rail tracks, and the
other along the CN tracks further north.

Zayo in Canada is formerly CNCP telecommunications, and they are likely
first to have fibre along tracks.

Since the Trans Canada highway in that part of Ontario is actually a 2
lane rural road, I am not sure people would have laid fibre along it
knowing the progressive work to widen it might require frequent
relocation of the fibre.