Temp at Level 3 data centers

Jeremy Austin jhaustin at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 17:25:49 UTC 2017

My 0.0000041 BTC:

1) For small facilities, without separate temperature-controlled UPS zones,
the optimum temperature for lead-acid batteries may be the lower bound.
77°F is optimal, with significant reduction in battery life even 15°F above
that. Given that batteries' internal temperature will be higher than
ambient, 80° set point is not stupid. I run cooler, FWIW.

2) Headroom. I try to have documented for each facility the climb in
degrees per hour (determined empirically) as a backup so I know required
response times when AC failure occurs.

On Wed, Oct 11, 2017 at 10:09 AM, Naslund, Steve <SNaslund at medline.com>
wrote:

> Bottom line 80 F input air is too hot in my opinion and apparently the
> equipment's opinion as well.
>
> --
Jeremy Austin
jhaustin at gmail.co <jhaustin at gmail.com>m