Anyone from AT&T DNS?

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 03:11:16 UTC 2017

On Wed, Oct 4, 2017 at 11:07 PM, Matt Peterman <mpeterman at apple.com> wrote:

> You are correct through that that link does show having the CIDR prefix
> length in the CNAME which is weird because AT&T did not do this on my other
> /25 block. Interesting… Guess I need to do more digging.

if I had to guess I'd say that 'sometime long ago' they did one way, then
decided to just follow the RFC ... which probably also makes their
provisioning automation much simpler.

as I said, there are more than 1 way to skin the cat :( sadly you (and I,
at least) were used to the 'old fashioned method' welcome to 1998
(apparently!) :)