Hurricane Maria: Summary of communication status - and lack of

Sean Donelan sean at donelan.com
Mon Oct 2 20:44:28 CST 2017

On Mon, 2 Oct 2017, Sean Donelan wrote:
> On Sun, 1 Oct 2017, valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu wrote:
>> I haven't seen any reports of a Teamster union refusal. I *have* seen
>> reports that only 10-30% of truck drivers are operational, because of
>> one or more of:
>
> You're lucky. The bots have been pushing this very hard for several days. I
> don't know the local context or groups involved. There are at least two
> different groups

Snopes has published an article debunking this.  But bots are still
pushing it.

Did Puerto Rico's Teamsters Union Go on Strike During Hurricane Maria
Relief Efforts?
Reports that truck drivers are on strike in Puerto Rico are false --
Teamsters have asked mainland truckers to distribute supplies in the U.S.
territory.

http://www.snopes.com/puerto-rico-teamsters/