Hurricane Maria: Summary of communication status - and lack of

Javier J javier at advancedmachines.us
Mon Oct 2 02:28:31 UTC 2017

At this point, I wouldn't trust status.pr and any media reports without
verifying information. As far as LibertyPR is concerned my cousin who lives
in Carolina, PR told me thieves were stealing fiber optic cable after the
storm. I trust the Seon Donelan, FCC, US Military, FEMA reports in that
order. There was a report that 33% of cell phone service was reported. That
is BS. We know from FCC reports it is still at ~90% out as far as number of
operational cell sites.

The media here in the states is no better. I have multiple confirmations
and am looking for hard proof but the Teamsters Puerto Rico trucking union
is refusing to move containers out of the port. Only 20% of truckers showed
up for work. Perhaps someone who works at Crowley can give us more concrete
info but if you can't even move supplies out of the port, how the heck are
you supposed to replace wires/fiber/fuel etc?

Here is a CNBC report:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4Z01o4tBlI

- Javier