AS PATH limits

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Sun Oct 1 01:28:28 UTC 2017

On Sat, Sep 30, 2017 at 12:47 PM, Ken Chase <math at sizone.org> wrote:

> I dont see that as the solution. Someone else will offend again.
>
> However, I also don't see trusting major backbones as our filters (for many
> other reasons). Our software should be handling what's effectively a
> buffer overflow
> or equivalent (beware long paths that are actually shellcode).
>
> Quagga among others seems to be subject to this bug, pre 0.99.23 or so
> (.99.24+ seems ok). So upgrading is a solution.

ii  quagga              0.99.22.4-3ubu i386           BGP/OSPF/RIP routing
daemon

interestingly enough that isn't crashlooping nor is it bouncing bgp
sessions:
192.168.100.100  4 MYASN 1642717    8864        0    0    0 2d23h32m
672475

and it's happily showing me the route even...

There was also some chatter on the quagga mailing list on how it's more