Incoming SMTP in the year 2017 and absence of DKIM

Keith Medcalf kmedcalf at dessus.com
Wed Nov 29 22:09:40 UTC 2017

Not old enough to have had an Executive Secretary processing your incoming snail-mail before it gets to you?

The "envelope" in which a letter arrived is just as important as the letter itself and contains valuable information that is duplicated in e-mail -- the postmark (received headers), the return address (mail from); and, the delivery address (mail to).

It was an offense to discard the envelope in which correspondence arrived since it is used to determine the validity of the snail mail.

Current e-mail clients are comparable to having a secretary that throws out the envelope and snips off most of the inside addressing information and delivers only the heavily redacted letter so that no determination of its validity is possible.

---