Incoming SMTP in the year 2017 and absence of DKIM

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Wed Nov 29 19:55:27 UTC 2017

On 11/29/2017 11:03 AM, valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu wrote:
> Only 90% should be considered horribly broken.  Anything that makes it
> difficult to run a simple mailing list with less that at least 2 or 3
> 9's is unacceptable.

There have been a number of things that fall into that category, two of
which immediately come to mind are:

  - Requiring Reverse DNS
  - SPF

I'm not commenting about the viability of these things, just that they
are fairly well accepted and that they can trivially break mailing lists.

IMHO, DKIM and DMARC are just the recent additions to that list.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die