ospf database size - affects that underlying transport mtu might have

Aaron Gould aaron1 at gvtc.com
Wed Nov 22 17:51:19 UTC 2017

This is a *single area* ospf environment, that has been stable for years..
But now suddenly is having issues with new ospf neightbor adjacencies ,
which are riding a 3rd party transport network

Anyone ever experienced anything strange with underlying transport network
mtu possibly causing ospf neighbor adjacency to be broken ?  I'm asking if
the underlying 3rd party transport layer 2 network has a smaller mtu than
the endpoint ospf ip interface have, could this cause those ospf neighbors
to not fully establish ? .and I'm also asking this if the single ospf area
has grown large enough to cause some sort of initial database packet to be
larger than that underlying 3rd party mtu is providing

-Aaron